Child Development Foundation
The Child Development Foundation (CDF) was established in September 2009. Before that, since 2002 the Foundation operated as a Child Development Centre (CDC) within World Vision Armenia’s Inclusive Education Project. In 2004-2008, the CDC was involved in Children in Especially Difficult Circumstances Project aiming to support children in difficult circumstances and their families. During the period of 2002-2008, more than 500 children benefited from a variety of services provided by the Centre. Seminars and trainings were organized for parents and children, as well as the specialists in the field of child protection, education and community development.
Today, the CDF contributes to the protection of child rights, promotes children’s healthy development and inclusion of vulnerable groups into society. The Foundation actively provides professional services to support vulnerable children and their families, works to enrich the methodology by developing various useful resources for parents, children, specialists and educators working with children.
The CDF offers the following services:
- psychological services (group and individual)
- speech therapy (group and individual)
- special education (group and individual)
- social work
- art therapyself-assisting psychological groups for parents
- training and seminars for parents, children and educators
The CDF also provides researches and statistics:
- researches and statistics in social, psychological, educational fields
- data-base development on research results
- development and presentation of public service announcements
- provision of information on NGOs working in the field
CDF organizes the following events:
- sport competitions, intellectual contests, celebrations
- excursions, hiking
- fundraising campaigns, events
- on-line fund raising activities
The CDF runs a unique design laboratory, where rehabilitative and development toys and games are developed to meet child specific needs and are mass produced once their effectiveness tested by specialists.
The CDF also possess a library, a video cabinet, a play room and a playground.
A Resource Center (RC) operates within the Child Development Foundation.
R. Melikyan 1
Tel: 73 91 48